Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Weekly Anime Episeries Thing #1: Seitokai Yakuindomo Episode 1


  • Well, I decided to start this series off with a new anime from the winter anime line up: Nisekoi. Except I was searching and searching and somehow I landed on this anime: Seitokai Yakuindomo. And well, I decided to watch it and see if I could maybe review something not from this season to start.Well, all can say is, cool beans...I don't even..

  • What really brought me to watching this is that the second season of Seitokai Yakuindomo is airing this season. I assumed that anything with a second season would be pretty decent and so in order to understand the second season, I must first understand the first. The second thing that caught my eye was the character design; they reminded me a lot of the character design of a very familiar show that I had previously seen: Coppelion. (Which by the way, will be seeing a complete review in the near future.) So, I watched the first few minutes and lo and behold the production studio was GoHands. This really intrigued me, because although Coppelion had its hits and misses, the animation and sound aspects were really well. And although I allude to this all the time, I am a relatively new anime watcher. All of this to say, the opening for Coppelion, "Angel", is one of my favourite, if not favourite, anime openings of all time. Now that all the mumbo-jumbo is out of the way, onto the review.

  • I went into the show not knowing what to expect and what I got was an immediate dose of sexual humour and even more sexual humour. The show introduces its main characters right from the start. Takotoshi Tsuda is a male high school student that has just transferred to, the recently co-ed, Ousai Private Academy simply because it's closer to his house. Until this new year, the school was an all girls school, and now males are flocking from all over to have their own harem. The three main female characters include: Shino Amakusa the Student Council President who's good at everything and a natural born leader;though, she is scared of heights and also very perverted. Next is Aria Shuchijo, the calm and large-breasted secretary, who also happens to be very perverted. Last, we have Suzu Hagimura, who is the short tsundere accountant who has an IQ of 180, but needs to take naps at noon and can react to situations during her sleep.

  • There hasn't really been too much plot revealed at all, but my first impressions are that there doesn't really have to be. I think that it will turn out to be a fine piece on the humour alone. Shino and Aria seem to be able to turn any situation into being sex related.

Ex: Shino"I found a wallet on my way here."
      Tsuda "Do you know who belongs to."
      Shino " I know it's a girl's.
      Tsuda" How's that?"
   Shino " It doesn't have any condoms."


  • The show is filled with many humorous sex-related jokes that will leave you wanting more. (well it at least made me want more.) 
  • Otherwise there isn't too much else to note, aside from yet another well done and consistent animation job by GoHands. 
  • One last thing to note is that there aren't really any "panty or boob shots" in the show. This is weird and a compelling point of the show. Perhaps it intends entertaining through the humour and leave the audience to figure out the rest. I and hopefully anyone watching along will continue to monitor this trend.
  • Well, that is all for my views of the first episode of  Seitokai Yakuindomo. It is a very funny anime, so far, and should be enjoyed by any person who does mind watching a series filled with sex jokes. Stay tuned for Thursday's review of the second episode of this show, that is streamable on crunchyroll. Feel free to leave any comments about what you think of the anime, but please no spoilers. As always, don't forget to Rate, Comment, Follow and CYA!


No comments:

Post a Comment