Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Favourite Pokémon from Kanto

This is a thing that I would like to start where I will list my favourite Pokemon from each Gen. Hopefully this will help me pump out more content for this blog.

Kanto was the original Gen. I must say that I don't remember playing too much of the original games, but I do remember playing the remakes (LeafGreen) and thoroughly enjoying much of the seasons episodes. Anyways, hopefully making these lists of top 10 thingymabobbers will suffice as an efficient method for casual reviews.

10. Dragonite


The original mighty dragon and pseudo-legendary, makes a grand appearance on my list. This fast flying mail deliverer is a very cool Pokemon that I always liked. (Trust me this guy is fast and strong. Its Bulbapedia profile says that it can circle the globe in 16 hours. It can do this and yet its lowest stat is speed. I would hate to imagine what all of its other stats can do. Scary.) Dragonite always came to me as the epic dragon of the series, except that it is usually seen as happy and calm. I’ve actually never used a Dragonite in game, but I do have some experience in competitive and in Pokemon Ranger. (lol Pokemon Ranger) Competitively it is a complete monster with the pseudo-legendary stats, Multiscale, and Dragon Dance. It has an expansive physical movepool and even more expansive special movepool. But, that is all I will say about Dragonite competitively, because this is a favourite review. Anyways, no special moments with Dragonite here. Just an overall liking of the Pokemon.

9. Nidoking:


This Pokemon is just a boss. The design for it is very well for a badass looking Pokemon. Spikes everywhere, a Huge solid body, and being Purple are all qualities to Nidoking being amazing. If you take a look at the Pokemon Sprites for Nidoking they always look pretty damn cool and in the show he looks amazing as well. Nidoking’s Tackle is very strong and cans send even Golem rolling to its demise. Competitively, he is no slouch either. The monstorous Life Orb set crushes through its opponents. With amazing coverage and a great ability in Sheer Force, I find myself often using it as a powerful wallbreaker. Nidoking is great and still better than Nidoqueen. Nidoking, a true master of the art of being cool. :P

8. Lapras:


The majestic plesiosaur makes a graceful appearance on this list. Lapras, the amazing Pokemon awarded to you in Silph Co. I always loved Lapras. I remember seeing it on the show and decided that I wanted to get one. Well, the only way to get one is to use the one from Silph Co. At level 25, it takes a while to train , but is really cool to have. I remember being amazed that it could learn Thunderbolt and Psychic. I remember Ash using this in the anime. It was always cool that he could ride on the Lapras. I always imagined myself riding one myself. I don’t know what else to say, except that Lapras was and is amazing. Thank You.

7. Beedrill:



Probably, the most controversial Pokemon that will be on this list. Beedrill is part of the standard stage 2 bug line of every gen. There was something always really appealing about this Pokemon. Maybe it was when it always attacked people in the show. It was always really funny. Overall, it really isn’t that good at all. In-game it really sucks too. Terrible stats, terrible moves, terrible everything, yet for a bunch of playthroughs I always saw myself using it. I usually got to the Elite 4 and Victory Road, before it really started sucking. Beedrill is literally a bee with drills. What could be cooler or more annoying. J Anyways, Beedrill is just a  cool guy in general and definitely deserves a place on this list.

6. Golem:


Golem is just a rock solid boss. I remember Golem used to actually be my favourite Pokemon. There was just something about the way he looked that really attracted me. He’s basically a spherical rock with a tiny head and miniscule arms and legs. How does he eat? I would imagine it’d be pretty hard with such short hands. No special stories with Golem except that in one of my playthroughs of Platinum, I caught a shiny Geodude. It was pretty cool as a yellow Golem.
The following is a message from Golem: “Have a good day guys! And don’t forget to have fun, have a good life, and don’t quit school. Autobots Roll-Out!”

5. Zapdos:



The first legendary of this list is Zapdos. Yes, I said first. Zapdos is a really cool Pokemon and almost undoubtedly the coolest of the Bird Trio. There is a certain appeal to legendary Pokémon and Zapdos is no exception. Its colour scheme and shape of its wings really reflects the cool aura that it possesses. Once again  I really don’t have too many interesting stories with Zapdos. If you have seen my RMT video, you would see it is one of the Pokémon on the team. I think I mentioned it not being the most useful. Well, I was wrong. In the recent few games I’ve been playing, it’s been an immense threat to opposing teams. It has a strong type coverage and is very powerful with the Life Orb T-Bolts. It is just overall a huge ass threat to the opponent. Anyways, Zapdos, like many of my other choices was chosen for its coolness in art and overall coolness in general.

4. Blastoise:


The first starter of this list is Blastoise. Once again, I said first. Blastoise is the water-turtle Pokémon is really cool all around. It has 2 Humungous Cannons on its back and if that wasn’t enough it can go into its shell and Rapid Spin at you. (which is pretty powerful in the show and probably would be in real life. ) The giant turtle is great and  a favourite by many other people. The competition between the favourite starter is lost here, because another starter will reign supreme. Having said that, Blastoise has a pretty special place in all of our hearts, as the arguably second favourite starter for anyone. Though, my love for it is falling, because recently I’ve been seeing it in UU too much. It’s just really annoying even though clearly it’s not that good. Well, that’s about it for Blastoise. No cool Closing remarks.

3. Mewtwo:






Mewtwo: “The human sacrificed himself, to save the Pokemon. I pitted them against each other, but not until they set aside their differences did I see the true power they all share deep inside. I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant; it is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are.

The genetic Pokémon himself, makes an appearance on this list. The artificially created clone of Mew. It was supposed to be the most powerful Pokémon in the world. (Personally I think it is, bar Arceus) It was definitely the strongest Pokémon of Gen 1 and continues to be a powerhouse in the show (not really) and in the competitive scene (oh yeah) Mewtwo is like the Genetic King of philosophy in Pokémon. In the movies, he acts like the philosopher and wise man, commenting harshly of the greedy and power hungry human race. Mewtwo himself is not really a bad guy, but the way humans have treated him have caused his violence in character. He has many awesome quotes in the movies and they will always be remembered. Oh Yeah. HE can talk. One of the few Pokémon that can actually talk. This factor of being able to talk further differentiates Mewtw o from other Pokémon and even makes it more badass.  Anyways, this is my 3rd favourite Kanto Pokémon: Mewtwo. Now kids don’t forget, “Your Charizard is poorly trained.” Mewtwo



2. Charizard:




Ahhh, the salvation. Being a fan of Pokémon, I can’t help but ignore the awesomeness of Charizard. The second starter in this list is Charizard. (does that mean that Venasaur is the number one on this list? You’ll have to find out yourselves) Many fans will agree that Charizard is the coolest of all the Pokémon. Even those who don’t really know Pokémon have little to no trouble identifying love for it. It is like a Pikachu, but better. (seriously, too much love is given to Pikachu.) Anyways there isn’t really much to say about Charizard that you can’t find on some fanboy’s website or forum post. Just remember to bask in the glory of the Flaming-Dragon or you might get toasted.


1. Weezing:






And, my number one favourite Kanto Pokémon is Weezing. This poison, smoke Pokémon trumps all other 150 Pokémon from the 1st gen. As you might have noticed, 3 out of the 10 Pokémon on this list are at least part Poison-Type. Weezing was one of the Pokémon from James in the anime, who is one of my favourite characters, until he unselfishly released it to help protect the suffering Koffing. This was a very emotional part of the series and I really enjoyed the fact that it was included. Weezing just has a certain coolness to it. Maybe it’s because of its 2 heads. Maybe because it is purple. Honestly, I can’t tell you why. Weezing is just awesome.

Anyways, I hope you guys enjoyed this list. Don’t forget to comment and talk about your guys’ favourite Kanto Pokémon. As always, Follow , Comment, Enjoy, and CYA!


No comments:

Post a Comment